Bihar: NBW issued against absconding SC/ST Commission chairman
Kishanganj: A court in Bihar`s Kishanganj district on Thursday issued an arrest warrant against the absconding SC/ST Commission chairman Babulal Tuddu for instigating the tribal people to grab land allotted to the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) for a study centre at Chakla village in the district.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM,) Manoj Kumar Sinha, issued the Non-Bailable Warrant (NBW) against Tuddu and directed the district police to arrest and produce him before the court at the earliest.
While confirming the issuance of the NBW against the SC/ST Chairman by the district court, District Magistrate Sandeep Kumar Pudkalputti said that Tuddu had instigated the tribal people to capture the land by force on December nine last.
A Bolero jeep, belonging to the SC/ST Chairman and registered in the name of his wife, was recovered from the village on that day, he said, adding that Tuddu has been absconding since raids were carried out at his premise to arrest him.
It may be mentioned that a crowd of tribal people had raided the village and tried to grab the land by conducting `Shashtra puja` there to assert the tribals` right on the land allotted to the AMU for setting up the study centre there.
The police had arrested five tribals and jailed them under relevant provisions of the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof