Bihar: NBW issued against absconding SC/ST Commission chairman
Kishanganj: A court in Bihar`s Kishanganj district on Thursday issued an arrest warrant against the absconding SC/ST Commission chairman Babulal Tuddu for instigating the tribal people to grab land allotted to the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) for a study centre at Chakla village in the district.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM,) Manoj Kumar Sinha, issued the Non-Bailable Warrant (NBW) against Tuddu and directed the district police to arrest and produce him before the court at the earliest.
While confirming the issuance of the NBW against the SC/ST Chairman by the district court, District Magistrate Sandeep Kumar Pudkalputti said that Tuddu had instigated the tribal people to capture the land by force on December nine last.
A Bolero jeep, belonging to the SC/ST Chairman and registered in the name of his wife, was recovered from the village on that day, he said, adding that Tuddu has been absconding since raids were carried out at his premise to arrest him.
It may be mentioned that a crowd of tribal people had raided the village and tried to grab the land by conducting `Shashtra puja` there to assert the tribals` right on the land allotted to the AMU for setting up the study centre there.
The police had arrested five tribals and jailed them under relevant provisions of the law.
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style