Bihar non-BJP parties colluding with Cong to stop Modi: Sushil
Patna: Former deputy chief minister and senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi Monday charged non-BJP parties of Bihar for colluding with the Congress to prevent Narendra Modi from becoming Prime Minister in spite of the latter belonging to the Extremely Backward Caste (EBC).
All non-BJP political parties from Bihar have colluded with the Congress to prevent Modi`s bid to become the next Prime Minister despite hailing from the EBC, he said while presiding over a meeting of the BJP`s EBC front state unit to review preparations for former chief minister Karpuri Thakur`s birth anniversary next month.
Political parties like JD(U), RJD and LJP have joined forces with the Congress in hatching a conspiracy in the name of secularism and to ensure that a person from EBC background does not become the next PM, Sushil said.
The former deputy chief minister also charged the non-BJP parties with harbouring ill will towards the EBC population and suppressing their aspiration for development over the years.
In Bihar too, the EBCs got reservation in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) only when the BJP was part of the NDA government earlier, which passed a legislation in this regard, Modi said.
Appealing to the people of Bihar to strengthen the hands of the Gujarat Chief Minister in the next general elections, the BJP leader said he could cater to their socio-economic and political aspirations and provide liberal financial package and special status to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender