Bihar non-BJP parties colluding with Cong to stop Modi: Sushil
Patna: Former deputy chief minister and senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi Monday charged non-BJP parties of Bihar for colluding with the Congress to prevent Narendra Modi from becoming Prime Minister in spite of the latter belonging to the Extremely Backward Caste (EBC).
All non-BJP political parties from Bihar have colluded with the Congress to prevent Modi`s bid to become the next Prime Minister despite hailing from the EBC, he said while presiding over a meeting of the BJP`s EBC front state unit to review preparations for former chief minister Karpuri Thakur`s birth anniversary next month.
Political parties like JD(U), RJD and LJP have joined forces with the Congress in hatching a conspiracy in the name of secularism and to ensure that a person from EBC background does not become the next PM, Sushil said.
The former deputy chief minister also charged the non-BJP parties with harbouring ill will towards the EBC population and suppressing their aspiration for development over the years.
In Bihar too, the EBCs got reservation in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) only when the BJP was part of the NDA government earlier, which passed a legislation in this regard, Modi said.
Appealing to the people of Bihar to strengthen the hands of the Gujarat Chief Minister in the next general elections, the BJP leader said he could cater to their socio-economic and political aspirations and provide liberal financial package and special status to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion