Bihar to appoint agriculture adviser in each panchayat
Patna: The Bihar government has decided to appoint one Krishi Salahkar (agriculture adviser) in each of the state`s 8,463 panchayats to provide agricultural extension services.
State Agriculture Minister Renu Kumari said Wednesday that the decision to appoint Krishi Salahkars was taken to give more thrust to agriculture. A sum of Rs 36.27 crore has been sanctioned for this.
The state government last month decided to set up five information centres with toll free numbers. Agricultural scientists and officials will be available at the centres to provide knowhow as well as help in solving farmers` problems, Kumari said.
Agriculture is the backbone of Bihar`s economy, generating nearly 42 percent of the state domestic product and employing 81 percent of the workforce.
The sources said a Krishi Salahkar will be paid Rs 2,500 per month. Agriculture graduates and intermediate degree holders in agriculture would be preferred for the job.
Also, those who have been trained at the Rajendra Agriculture University at Pusa in Samastipur district and its affiliated colleges, and farmers trained by Krishi Vigyan Kendras would be considered for the post.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan