Bihar to appoint agriculture adviser in each panchayat
Patna: The Bihar government has decided to appoint one Krishi Salahkar (agriculture adviser) in each of the state`s 8,463 panchayats to provide agricultural extension services.
State Agriculture Minister Renu Kumari said Wednesday that the decision to appoint Krishi Salahkars was taken to give more thrust to agriculture. A sum of Rs 36.27 crore has been sanctioned for this.
The state government last month decided to set up five information centres with toll free numbers. Agricultural scientists and officials will be available at the centres to provide knowhow as well as help in solving farmers` problems, Kumari said.
Agriculture is the backbone of Bihar`s economy, generating nearly 42 percent of the state domestic product and employing 81 percent of the workforce.
The sources said a Krishi Salahkar will be paid Rs 2,500 per month. Agriculture graduates and intermediate degree holders in agriculture would be preferred for the job.
Also, those who have been trained at the Rajendra Agriculture University at Pusa in Samastipur district and its affiliated colleges, and farmers trained by Krishi Vigyan Kendras would be considered for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere