Bihar to set up Industry Promotion Council
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has announced setting up of Bihar Industrial Promotion Council and said efforts would be made to make Bihar self-sufficient in energy sector.
Addressing a function after laying the foundation stone of a soft baggage industry promoted by APARNA Industrial Promotion Council at Fatuha industrial area on Tuesday, Kumar said the state government a business meeting would be organised within a month for setting up the council.
The Chief Minister said that after Gujarat and Rajasthan investors are now coming to Bihar to set up units to manufacture solar energy plates for farming, dairy and hatchery sectors as the state has immense potential for solar energy.
Kumar said he had told industrialists in Mumbai during his visit there earlier this month that by the time they invested in Bihar, the state would be self-sufficient in energy.
He hoped that entrepreneurs and labourers from Bihar who had migrated to Mumbai would return and lend their support to the industrial growth of the state.
Kumar claimed that law and order was no more an issue in Bihar now.
A plan had been drafted by top architect Hafiz Contractor to develop areas from where Ganga river had shifted in Bihar, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!