Bihar univ teachers retirement age raised to 65 yrs
Patna: The Patna High Court on Friday ordered
raised the retirement age of teachers of the colleges and
universities across Bihar from 62 to 65 years in comformity
with the recommendations of the University Grants Commission
A single bench of Justice Navniti Prasad Singh passed
the order while disposing a batch of writ applications filed
by teachers, including Sunidhi Pandey, seeking enhancement in
the retirement age as per the UGC recommendations.
Justice Singh ruled that the order would take effect
from June 30, 2010 and those who retired from that day would
get re-employment with consequential benefits.
The state government had in principle decided to raise
the retirement age limit from 62 years to 65 years.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Andrew Flintoff tells Yuvraj Singh – 'I will cut your throat off'....Read Yuvi's reply
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2
- When Subramanian Swamy provoked Congress leaders with 'Italian Constitution' jibe