Bihar univ teachers retirement age raised to 65 yrs
Patna: The Patna High Court on Friday ordered
raised the retirement age of teachers of the colleges and
universities across Bihar from 62 to 65 years in comformity
with the recommendations of the University Grants Commission
A single bench of Justice Navniti Prasad Singh passed
the order while disposing a batch of writ applications filed
by teachers, including Sunidhi Pandey, seeking enhancement in
the retirement age as per the UGC recommendations.
Justice Singh ruled that the order would take effect
from June 30, 2010 and those who retired from that day would
get re-employment with consequential benefits.
The state government had in principle decided to raise
the retirement age limit from 62 years to 65 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3