Bihar univ teachers retirement age raised to 65 yrs
Patna: The Patna High Court on Friday ordered
raised the retirement age of teachers of the colleges and
universities across Bihar from 62 to 65 years in comformity
with the recommendations of the University Grants Commission
A single bench of Justice Navniti Prasad Singh passed
the order while disposing a batch of writ applications filed
by teachers, including Sunidhi Pandey, seeking enhancement in
the retirement age as per the UGC recommendations.
Justice Singh ruled that the order would take effect
from June 30, 2010 and those who retired from that day would
get re-employment with consequential benefits.
The state government had in principle decided to raise
the retirement age limit from 62 years to 65 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?