Bihar: Villagers beat cop in Muzaffarpur district
Patna: A Bihar sub-inspector was beaten up and injured by villagers due to mistaken identity in Muzaffarpur district on Sunday, police said.
Madan Singh of the Special Task Force from Patna, along with a local police informer, was beaten up by villagers when he went there to arrest a criminal.
He was an official duty but people mistook him as a criminal himself and started beating him up.
He was rescued by police and admitted to hospital with injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj