Bihar: Villagers beat cop in Muzaffarpur district
Patna: A Bihar sub-inspector was beaten up and injured by villagers due to mistaken identity in Muzaffarpur district on Sunday, police said.
Madan Singh of the Special Task Force from Patna, along with a local police informer, was beaten up by villagers when he went there to arrest a criminal.
He was an official duty but people mistook him as a criminal himself and started beating him up.
He was rescued by police and admitted to hospital with injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'