Bihar: Villagers beat cop in Muzaffarpur district
Patna: A Bihar sub-inspector was beaten up and injured by villagers due to mistaken identity in Muzaffarpur district on Sunday, police said.
Madan Singh of the Special Task Force from Patna, along with a local police informer, was beaten up by villagers when he went there to arrest a criminal.
He was an official duty but people mistook him as a criminal himself and started beating him up.
He was rescued by police and admitted to hospital with injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video