Bihar`s first woman Muslim minister resign
Patna: Bihar`s Social Welfare Minister Perween Amanullah, the first Muslim woman minister in the state, Tuesday resigned from the Nitish Kumar cabinet as well as the Janata Dal-United.
"I have resigned from the cabinet and the JD-U and sent it (resignation letter) to the chief minister," Amanullah told media persons here.
She refused to disclose the reasons behind her decision to quit the cabinet and party, but only hinted at her anger against the system that prevented her from functioning as per her desire.
Amanullah, the daughter of diplomat-turned-politician Syed Shahabuddin and wife of a senior IAS officer Afzal Amanullah, did not rule out the possibility of joining another political party soon and to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
"I may inform about it soon," she said.
Amanullah, who is in her early 50s, said she is open to returning to social work again.
She had won from Sahebpur Kamal, a Muslim-dominated constituency in Begusarai district, in the 2010 state assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH