BJP `day-dreaming` in their own world : Nitish Kumar
Gopalganj: In a scathing attack at BJP, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said there was no wave in its favour in the coming Lok Sabha polls and the party is "day dreaming" in its own world.
"BJP workers are day dreaming in their own world...There is no wave in its favour for the general elections," Kumar said while addressing a JD(U) `Sankalp rally` here.
Kumar blamed BJP for break up in alliance by violating the agreed principles - keeping off Article 370, uniform civil code and Ayodhya dispute - which could be solved either through court order or mutual talks between two communities.
"We had made it clear to them that the Prime Minister of the country should be a person who believes in inclusive growth and a vision to take backward states ahead," he said.
"We could not have betrayed our own conscience to keep others happy," he said to justify the decision to walk out of alliance with BJP 17 years after the elevation of Narendra Modi.
JD(U) had announced walking out of the NDA alliance and snapping ties with BJP on June 16 last year.
Kumar harped on special category status issue and exhorted people to give JD(U) enough strength in the general election for fulfilment of their demand.
Today`s `Sankalp rally` was part of JD(U) decision to organise 12 such rallies across the state to administer oath to people against communal forces and in favour of special category state demand.
Bihar JD(U) President Bashishtha Narayan Singh and several state ministers and leaders addressed the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!