BJP `day-dreaming` in their own world : Nitish Kumar
Gopalganj: In a scathing attack at BJP, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said there was no wave in its favour in the coming Lok Sabha polls and the party is "day dreaming" in its own world.
"BJP workers are day dreaming in their own world...There is no wave in its favour for the general elections," Kumar said while addressing a JD(U) `Sankalp rally` here.
Kumar blamed BJP for break up in alliance by violating the agreed principles - keeping off Article 370, uniform civil code and Ayodhya dispute - which could be solved either through court order or mutual talks between two communities.
"We had made it clear to them that the Prime Minister of the country should be a person who believes in inclusive growth and a vision to take backward states ahead," he said.
"We could not have betrayed our own conscience to keep others happy," he said to justify the decision to walk out of alliance with BJP 17 years after the elevation of Narendra Modi.
JD(U) had announced walking out of the NDA alliance and snapping ties with BJP on June 16 last year.
Kumar harped on special category status issue and exhorted people to give JD(U) enough strength in the general election for fulfilment of their demand.
Today`s `Sankalp rally` was part of JD(U) decision to organise 12 such rallies across the state to administer oath to people against communal forces and in favour of special category state demand.
Bihar JD(U) President Bashishtha Narayan Singh and several state ministers and leaders addressed the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered