BJP-JD(U) seat sharing to be finalised in a day or two: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
today said the contentious issue of seat-sharing between the
two NDA allies--JD(U)and BJP--would be finalised within a day
"Both the parties are busy with homework for the
elections and the formal meeting is likely to take place in a
day or two to finalise the seat-sharing in the wake of
delimitation of the constituencies," Kumar told reporters.
He said there was not much of problem between the two
partners on the issue.
When approached, senior BJP leader and deputy Chief
Minister S K Modi too expressed similar view and said "We will
hold the formal meeting with the JD(U) leaders in a day or two
on the issue".
He hoped that his party would be able to declare names
of most of its candidates before September 27, the day filing
of nomination will begin for the first phase poll in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'