BJP-JD(U) seat sharing to be finalised in a day or two: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
today said the contentious issue of seat-sharing between the
two NDA allies--JD(U)and BJP--would be finalised within a day
"Both the parties are busy with homework for the
elections and the formal meeting is likely to take place in a
day or two to finalise the seat-sharing in the wake of
delimitation of the constituencies," Kumar told reporters.
He said there was not much of problem between the two
partners on the issue.
When approached, senior BJP leader and deputy Chief
Minister S K Modi too expressed similar view and said "We will
hold the formal meeting with the JD(U) leaders in a day or two
on the issue".
He hoped that his party would be able to declare names
of most of its candidates before September 27, the day filing
of nomination will begin for the first phase poll in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police