BJP-JD(U) split due to Nitish’s arrogance: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Reacting to the BJP-JD(U) split on Sunday, RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav said that the ‘divorce’ between the two parties happened because of Nitish Kumar’s arrogance.
"The untimely break-up between the JD(U) and the BJP has exposed their unholy alliance. It is a divorce of love marriage between two mismatching partners," Prasad told reporters.
“The era of both JD(U) and BJP is over,” Lalu added.
The RJD chief said Sharad Yadav and Nitish Kumar have "committed sati" in favour of BJP leader LK Advani, whom he described as a "discarded leader".
"When Advani was sidelined by RSS in favour of Narendra Modi, he played this card and asked JD(U) to threaten NDA coalition," he said.
Making a scathing attack at his rival, Prasad reiterated that Kumar`s opposition to Narendra Modi was an "eyewash" aimed at cornering votes of minority Muslims.
"Why did you not resign in 2002 after riots like Ramvilas Paswan did?" he asked referring to Kumar.
“I know Nitish and Sushil Modi very well. They were scared that Lalu might make a comeback in Bihar,” he said, adding, “But God is great.”
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`