BJP-JD(U) split due to Nitish’s arrogance: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Reacting to the BJP-JD(U) split on Sunday, RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav said that the ‘divorce’ between the two parties happened because of Nitish Kumar’s arrogance.
"The untimely break-up between the JD(U) and the BJP has exposed their unholy alliance. It is a divorce of love marriage between two mismatching partners," Prasad told reporters.
“The era of both JD(U) and BJP is over,” Lalu added.
The RJD chief said Sharad Yadav and Nitish Kumar have "committed sati" in favour of BJP leader LK Advani, whom he described as a "discarded leader".
"When Advani was sidelined by RSS in favour of Narendra Modi, he played this card and asked JD(U) to threaten NDA coalition," he said.
Making a scathing attack at his rival, Prasad reiterated that Kumar`s opposition to Narendra Modi was an "eyewash" aimed at cornering votes of minority Muslims.
"Why did you not resign in 2002 after riots like Ramvilas Paswan did?" he asked referring to Kumar.
“I know Nitish and Sushil Modi very well. They were scared that Lalu might make a comeback in Bihar,” he said, adding, “But God is great.”
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow