BJP leaders take part in `Run For Unity`
Patna: Top BJP leaders on Sunday took out a `Run For Unity` marathon in the state capital to mark the 63rd death anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
A galaxy of BJP leaders like former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Rajya Sabha Deputy Leader of Opposition Ravishankar Prasad, Leader of Opposition in state legislative assembly Nandkishore Yadav, party`s Bihar unit in charge Dharmendra Pradhan and Gujarat MP Purushottam Rupala participated in the run.
The marathon started from Eco Park and culminated at Chitkohra Golumbar (roundabout).
A brainchild of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the `Run for Unity` here was part of 11,000 rallies held simultaneously in the country to spread message about national unity and to seek support for the BJP`s prime ministerial hopeful`s mega project for construction of Patel`s statue in his home state.
The event was held in the districts too where a large number of the BJP workers and people took part in the `Run for Unity`.
Speaking on the occasion, Sushil Kumar Modi said the run will strengthen unity among people at the national level, a sentiment that Yadav echoed.
Prasad, on his part, said, "The event will galvanize the youths and inspire them to work for uniting the people of the country at a time when certain forces were trying hard to weaken us".
Paying tributes to Patel for his strenuous efforts to unite the princely states with the Union of India post Independence, Rupala said that the success of the rally has showcased love and affection that the people of Bihar have towards the `Iron Man` of India.
Meanwhile, JD(U) national general secretary and Rural Work Minister Bhim Singh described the BJP`s `Run For Unity` as a failure saying that the turn out at the event was very low which indicated that the people have rejected the latter`s love for Patel and its call for unity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court