BJP leaders take part in `Run For Unity`
Patna: Top BJP leaders on Sunday took out a `Run For Unity` marathon in the state capital to mark the 63rd death anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
A galaxy of BJP leaders like former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Rajya Sabha Deputy Leader of Opposition Ravishankar Prasad, Leader of Opposition in state legislative assembly Nandkishore Yadav, party`s Bihar unit in charge Dharmendra Pradhan and Gujarat MP Purushottam Rupala participated in the run.
The marathon started from Eco Park and culminated at Chitkohra Golumbar (roundabout).
A brainchild of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the `Run for Unity` here was part of 11,000 rallies held simultaneously in the country to spread message about national unity and to seek support for the BJP`s prime ministerial hopeful`s mega project for construction of Patel`s statue in his home state.
The event was held in the districts too where a large number of the BJP workers and people took part in the `Run for Unity`.
Speaking on the occasion, Sushil Kumar Modi said the run will strengthen unity among people at the national level, a sentiment that Yadav echoed.
Prasad, on his part, said, "The event will galvanize the youths and inspire them to work for uniting the people of the country at a time when certain forces were trying hard to weaken us".
Paying tributes to Patel for his strenuous efforts to unite the princely states with the Union of India post Independence, Rupala said that the success of the rally has showcased love and affection that the people of Bihar have towards the `Iron Man` of India.
Meanwhile, JD(U) national general secretary and Rural Work Minister Bhim Singh described the BJP`s `Run For Unity` as a failure saying that the turn out at the event was very low which indicated that the people have rejected the latter`s love for Patel and its call for unity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble