BJP slams Nitish for absence of Bihar tableau at Republic Day parade
Patna: Former ally BJP on Saturday took a potshot at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the state`s failure to put up a tableau during Republic day function in Delhi as well as the absence of names from the state for honours given on the occasion.
"Bihar failed to recommend any name for honours like padmashree, padma vibhusan and padma bhusan despite the fact that many people had applied for it," former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said in a statement here.
"This is because the CM does not have time for administrative review and has left the responsibility on officers," he said.
"Crores of people of Bihar will be left disappointed that no tableau of their state will be visible at the Rajpath during Republic day parade tomorrow," Sushil Modi said.
He said he has learnt that the state government had sent three proposals for tableau but none of them were accepted.
"The Bihar government just sat after sending the proposals and did not pursue it as a result of which none of the proposals was selected, " he added.
While people of other states would regale themselves looking at the tableau of their state during national level function at Delhi tomorrow, people of Bihar would have nothing to cheer about, the senior BJP leader said.
"Had timely action been taken this situation would not have arisen," he said slamming the Nitish Kumar government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon