BJP to aggressively campaign for Special Status to Bihar
Patna: BJP on Friday said it would aggressively
campaign for securing special state status to Bihar during the
monsoon session of Parliament.
"We will aggressively campaign for according special
state status to Bihar during the monsoon session of
parliament," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told
"Apart from raising the issue in the two Houses of
parliament, we will stage sit-in demonstration and petition
the Planning Commission in support of the demand," he said.
Stating that Bihar fulfilled three out of four
parameters laid down for considering the case of giving
special status to a state, the BJP Rajya Sabha member said the
two other parameters which were illustrative in nature and no
no significance in the case of Bihar. These are whether the
state was "an extremist-hit and dominated by tribals in
population," he said.
"We will petition the Planning Commission seeking to
modify the parameters laid down by it for granting the
demand," he said, adding Bihar deserved the special state
status and the Centre should not delay it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?