BJP to aggressively campaign for Special Status to Bihar
Patna: BJP on Friday said it would aggressively
campaign for securing special state status to Bihar during the
monsoon session of Parliament.
"We will aggressively campaign for according special
state status to Bihar during the monsoon session of
parliament," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told
"Apart from raising the issue in the two Houses of
parliament, we will stage sit-in demonstration and petition
the Planning Commission in support of the demand," he said.
Stating that Bihar fulfilled three out of four
parameters laid down for considering the case of giving
special status to a state, the BJP Rajya Sabha member said the
two other parameters which were illustrative in nature and no
no significance in the case of Bihar. These are whether the
state was "an extremist-hit and dominated by tribals in
population," he said.
"We will petition the Planning Commission seeking to
modify the parameters laid down by it for granting the
demand," he said, adding Bihar deserved the special state
status and the Centre should not delay it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`