BJP trying to vitiate communal harmony: NCP, RJD
Patna: The NCP and the RJD on Sunday alleged that
BJP leader LK Advani`s rath yatra on the corruption issue
was an attempt to disturb communal harmony and peace in the
"The BJP is out to vitiate peace and communal amity in
the country through Advani`s rath yatra with electoral
benefits in the next parliamentary polls," NCP national
general secretary Tariq Anwar told reporters here.
Describing Advani`s crusade against corruption as
`uncalled for` and `ill timed`, the NCP leader said the former
should have waited for the outcome of the proposed Lokpal Bill
being drafted by a parliamentary committee on the basis of
several proposals submitted by the civil society.
He also rapped the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for
giving his consent to flag off Advani`s rath yatra from Sitab
Diara on October 11 next and regretted that Kumar has agreed
to do so despite his open disagreement with the BJP`s
"It (Advani`s rath yatra) is an attempt to incite
communal disharmony to which the RJD is opposed to," RJD Bihar
unit president Ramchandra Purve told reporters here.
The RJD has decided to oppose Advani`s rath yatra by
taking out a protest march on October 11 under party national
president Lalu Prasad, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'