Chances of cabinet expansion in Bihar `bleak`: Nitish
Patna: Affirming chances of cabinet expansion were "bleak", Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said that the state was heading to election mode with the assembly polls due towards the end of this year and expansion did not hold any meaning in the given situation.
"Chances of cabinet expansion in Bihar seem to be bleak
given the situation that the state is bound for elections
towards the end of 2010... I don`t think it will hold any
meaning," he told reporters here.
Even those who aspired for ministry berths knew "very
well" that their power would cease to exist once the model
code of conduct for elections came into being, Kumar said.
Kumar`s statement seeks to put at rest the speculation
about expansion of ministry in the wake of recent statement of
his deputy S K Modi that some senior MLAs from BJP would be
accommodated in the next expansion "very soon".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh