Chances of cabinet expansion in Bihar `bleak`: Nitish
Patna: Affirming chances of cabinet expansion were "bleak", Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said that the state was heading to election mode with the assembly polls due towards the end of this year and expansion did not hold any meaning in the given situation.
"Chances of cabinet expansion in Bihar seem to be bleak
given the situation that the state is bound for elections
towards the end of 2010... I don`t think it will hold any
meaning," he told reporters here.
Even those who aspired for ministry berths knew "very
well" that their power would cease to exist once the model
code of conduct for elections came into being, Kumar said.
Kumar`s statement seeks to put at rest the speculation
about expansion of ministry in the wake of recent statement of
his deputy S K Modi that some senior MLAs from BJP would be
accommodated in the next expansion "very soon".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'