Chirag Paswan flays JD(U) government for Bagaha firing
Patna: LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan`s actor-son Chirag Paswan on Sunday assailed the JD(U) government for the death of seven Tharu tribal people in police firing in Bagaha and demanded Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s resignation.
"The Chief Minister should take moral responsibility for the brutal police firing on Tharu tribals in Bagaha in which seven people were killed," he told reporters here after visiting the spot.
He demanded Rs 20 lakh compensation to kin of each victim and Rs five lakh to each injured and withdrawal of cases lodged against 700 people on fabricated charges of attacking police.
He also demanded removal of the district magistrate and the superintendent of police and registration of case on murder charge against all those cops responsible for firing on innocent villagers.
Pawan demanded a judicial probe headed by a sitting high court judge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case