Chirag Paswan flays JD(U) government for Bagaha firing
Patna: LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan`s actor-son Chirag Paswan on Sunday assailed the JD(U) government for the death of seven Tharu tribal people in police firing in Bagaha and demanded Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s resignation.
"The Chief Minister should take moral responsibility for the brutal police firing on Tharu tribals in Bagaha in which seven people were killed," he told reporters here after visiting the spot.
He demanded Rs 20 lakh compensation to kin of each victim and Rs five lakh to each injured and withdrawal of cases lodged against 700 people on fabricated charges of attacking police.
He also demanded removal of the district magistrate and the superintendent of police and registration of case on murder charge against all those cops responsible for firing on innocent villagers.
Pawan demanded a judicial probe headed by a sitting high court judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29