Cong backs Nitish`s stand on Bihar Lokayukta Bill
New Delhi: Congress on Friday backed Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar`s stand on the issue of the state
Lokayukta Bill and said that elected representatives are
"answerable" only to the people.
Kumar had yesterday said he does not require anybody`s
certificate in the crusade against corruption in the state, a
stand which Congress spokesman Manish Tewari also supported.
"In Parliament and in (state) assemblies, elected
representatives owe their answer to the people," Tewari told
"His (Nitish`s) statement is self-speaking. At the root
of his entire assertion is the fact that elected
representatives owe their answers to the people," Tewari said
adding, "The essence of Kumar`s statement is correct."
Nitish had reacted sharply to Team Anna member Arvind
Kejriwal`s criticism of the Bihar Lokayukta Bill and asked
Team Anna to be on guard against pre-judging the final outcome
of the Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest