Cong backs Nitish`s stand on Bihar Lokayukta Bill
New Delhi: Congress on Friday backed Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar`s stand on the issue of the state
Lokayukta Bill and said that elected representatives are
"answerable" only to the people.
Kumar had yesterday said he does not require anybody`s
certificate in the crusade against corruption in the state, a
stand which Congress spokesman Manish Tewari also supported.
"In Parliament and in (state) assemblies, elected
representatives owe their answer to the people," Tewari told
"His (Nitish`s) statement is self-speaking. At the root
of his entire assertion is the fact that elected
representatives owe their answers to the people," Tewari said
adding, "The essence of Kumar`s statement is correct."
Nitish had reacted sharply to Team Anna member Arvind
Kejriwal`s criticism of the Bihar Lokayukta Bill and asked
Team Anna to be on guard against pre-judging the final outcome
of the Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`