Congress takes a dig at BJP over Bihar chief`s resignation
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday took a jibe at
the BJP over resignation of its Bihar unit chief C P Thakur,
saying the Opposition party`s state president "laid down arms
even before the battle has begun" in the poll-bound state.
It also flayed the BJP for blaming it for the political
crisis in Karnataka, saying, "it`s a classic case of the pot
calling the kettle black".
"What fate the party, whose state (Bihar) chief had laid
down arms even before the battle has begun, will meet in the
elections is amply clear," Party spokesperson Manish Tewari
told reporters reacting to the Thakur`s resignation.
"Earlier the BJP was fighting with its alliance partner
JD-U in the state and now it`s indulged in internal battle,"
Tewari also attacked the main Opposition party for
blaming Congress for the political crisis in BJP-ruled
"It`s a classic case of pot calling the kettle black.
Blaming Congress for destabilising BJP government in Karnataka
is rubbish. Fact of the matter is that BJP leaders do not know
how to run a government," Tewari said.
He charged that the Karnataka government was not
functioning properly since the very beginning.
"They should find out why their MLAs are angry. Nothing
except illegal mining is happening in the state."
Tewari also downplayed allegations of corruption in
ticket distribution for Bihar assembly seats saying these are
being levelled by those who were denied tickets.
He dismissed the criticism by some party leaders from
Bihar that "outsiders" were given preference in ticket
distribution saying anybody joining Congress from other
parties reflects which side the political wind is blowing in
Bihar and winnability has to be kept in mind while giving
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming