Demand in LS for central `varsity at Motihari
New Delhi: A strong demand was on Friday made in the Lok Sabha for setting up a central university in Motihari district in Bihar through a private member`s resolution.
Moving the resolution, Om Prakash Yadav (Ind) said differences between the Centre and the state government on the location of the university had led to delay in setting up of the institution.
He said the Centre wanted to set up the institution in Gaya as it well connected by road, rail and air, whereas the state suggested three different locations in Motihari for it.
Supporting the resolution, Adhir Ranjan Chaudhary (Cong) said the Centre should open more and more universities in the country to meet the growing demand for higher education.
He expressed doubts over government accomplishing the goal of setting up 1,500 universities by 2015 as envisaged by the National Knowledge Commission.
At present there are 285 state universities and 44 such institutions set by the Centre.
Hukumdeo Narayan Yadav (BJP) also supported the resolution and asked the government to set up the university in Motihari district only.
He also demanded better facilities at Muzaffarpur airport to provide air connectivity to the proposed university at Motihari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday