Dubai-like `New Patna` on Ganges!
Patna: Hafeez Contractor, one of India`s best known architects, plans to develop a world city alongside the river Ganges here - on the lines of Dubai - that will boast of eco-friendly buildings and water sports facilities, officials here say.
"Contractor submitted his proposed plans to the state government during his visit here Tuesday," an official said referring to the proposed New Patna World City.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is reportedly impressed by Contractor`s plans to develop a future city in Patna.
"After Contractor met him in this connection, Kumar has asked development commissioner AK Sinha and top officials of the urban development department to have a meeting with Contractor to discuss it," officials said.
"All the high-rise buildings and apartments will be constructed on eco-friendly lines with water sports facilities on the river side," the official said.
An official of the urban development department told a news agency that Contractor`s plans are to develop a new city spread over an area of 1,700 acres. This would include residential, commercial and entertainment centres on 300 acres while 350 acres would be developed as green fields.
"He plans to develop a park on 600 acres on the lines of the New York park which is spread over 800 acres," officials said.
Other facilities like seven-star hotels, malls and shopping centres, schools, hospitals, health clubs, meditation centres, art galleries, convention centres and sports centres would be created in the planned city.
Kumar on Wednesday laid the foundation for Bihar`s first multi-storeyed industrial complex at the Fatuha industrial area near Patna. At a function on the occasion, he said Contractor had come up with a layout to develop land full of sand near the Ganges.
Contractor said Patna has the potential to become a city like Delhi or Dubai. "Patna has a lot of potential with regard to infrastructure development, especially with the positive leadership in the state," he said.
Contractor is already working in Patna. Early this year, the Bihar State Housing Board (BSHB) selected him for the re-development of the housing board`s flats here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre