During polls, some Bihar leaders face Maoist threat
Patna: With Lok Sabha polls around the corner, half a dozen Bihar politicians and some police officers are on the hit list of Maoists, police said Wednesday.
The Intelligence Bureau has asked the Bihar Police to tighten its security in view of the Maoist threat.
"Intelligence Bureau has cautioned the state police that Maoists may target some leaders and police officers either ahead of polls or during the polls," an officer at the police headquarters here said.
According to the officer, ruling Janata Dal-United MP from Munger Rajiv Ranjan Singh alias Lalaln Singh, who is contesting the polls, Bihar assembly Speaker Uday Narain Choudhary, who is contesting from Jamui seat as a JD-U candidate and BJP legislator Prem Ranjan Patel are on the hit list of the Maoists.
Jamui is considered a Maoist stronghold.
"Maoists can target and attack other leaders during campaign in Gaya, Aurangabad, Jehanabad, Arwal, Nawada, Rohtas districts, known as hot bed of Maoists activities," a police official said.
Four superintendents of police at Munger, Banka, Jamui and Lakhisarai are also on the hit list of Maoists.
"In view of intelligence alert for them, police headquarters has instructed four SPs to take precautionary measures for their safety till polls get over in their districts," a police official said.
Security of Jamui SP Jitendra Rana, Banka SP Pushkar Anand, Lakhisarai SP Ashok Kumar and Munger SP Varun Kumar Sinha has been tightened.
Munger range DIG Sudhansu Kumar and Bhagalpur range DIG Sanjay Singh are also on hit list of Maoists.
Last week Bihar police chief Abhayanand held a meeting with top police officials to chalk out an action plan to provide security in Maoists affected six districts going to polls in the first phase elections April 10 in the state.
Maoists, through posters in different parts of state, have made it clear that they would disrupt the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'