EU praises rapid development of Bihar
Patna: The European Union today praised the rapid development spree in Bihar within a short period of time.
EU envoy Joao Cravinho met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his residence and attributed the turnaround to "dynamic leadership" of the Chief Minister.
The EU envoy was accompanied by First Counsellor and head of its political affairs Anne Marchal.
During the meeting, the EU representatives discussed about new initiatives taken by the government in the fields of education, agriculture roadmap and skill development, an official statement said.
Cravinho sought inputs about the government`s demand for special category state for Bihar. Kumar told him in details about the state`s need for special status to spur development.
The visitors expressed keenness to watch successful implementation of development and welfare projects on the ground in the state.
Kumar honoured the foreign guests by presenting them memorabilia, the statement added.
Principal Secretary to the chief minister, M Anjani Kumar Singh and his secretaries Atish Chandra and Sanjay Kumar Singh were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends