EU praises rapid development of Bihar
Patna: The European Union today praised the rapid development spree in Bihar within a short period of time.
EU envoy Joao Cravinho met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his residence and attributed the turnaround to "dynamic leadership" of the Chief Minister.
The EU envoy was accompanied by First Counsellor and head of its political affairs Anne Marchal.
During the meeting, the EU representatives discussed about new initiatives taken by the government in the fields of education, agriculture roadmap and skill development, an official statement said.
Cravinho sought inputs about the government`s demand for special category state for Bihar. Kumar told him in details about the state`s need for special status to spur development.
The visitors expressed keenness to watch successful implementation of development and welfare projects on the ground in the state.
Kumar honoured the foreign guests by presenting them memorabilia, the statement added.
Principal Secretary to the chief minister, M Anjani Kumar Singh and his secretaries Atish Chandra and Sanjay Kumar Singh were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi