EU praises rapid development of Bihar
Patna: The European Union today praised the rapid development spree in Bihar within a short period of time.
EU envoy Joao Cravinho met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his residence and attributed the turnaround to "dynamic leadership" of the Chief Minister.
The EU envoy was accompanied by First Counsellor and head of its political affairs Anne Marchal.
During the meeting, the EU representatives discussed about new initiatives taken by the government in the fields of education, agriculture roadmap and skill development, an official statement said.
Cravinho sought inputs about the government`s demand for special category state for Bihar. Kumar told him in details about the state`s need for special status to spur development.
The visitors expressed keenness to watch successful implementation of development and welfare projects on the ground in the state.
Kumar honoured the foreign guests by presenting them memorabilia, the statement added.
Principal Secretary to the chief minister, M Anjani Kumar Singh and his secretaries Atish Chandra and Sanjay Kumar Singh were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'