EU praises rapid development of Bihar
Patna: The European Union today praised the rapid development spree in Bihar within a short period of time.
EU envoy Joao Cravinho met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his residence and attributed the turnaround to "dynamic leadership" of the Chief Minister.
The EU envoy was accompanied by First Counsellor and head of its political affairs Anne Marchal.
During the meeting, the EU representatives discussed about new initiatives taken by the government in the fields of education, agriculture roadmap and skill development, an official statement said.
Cravinho sought inputs about the government`s demand for special category state for Bihar. Kumar told him in details about the state`s need for special status to spur development.
The visitors expressed keenness to watch successful implementation of development and welfare projects on the ground in the state.
Kumar honoured the foreign guests by presenting them memorabilia, the statement added.
Principal Secretary to the chief minister, M Anjani Kumar Singh and his secretaries Atish Chandra and Sanjay Kumar Singh were also present.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended