FIR against Thackeray cousins for hate speech
Muzaffarpur: A FIR was Tuesday filed against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code, including sediton, for making allegedly inflammatory speeches against the people of Bihar.
The case at Town police station in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district was lodged at the direction of a local court against the Thackeray cousins under 124A (sedition), section 153A (promoting enmity between different groups of people), 120B (criminal conspiracy) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) of the IPC.
Advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha had filed the case in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh on September five against the Thackerays.
The court had subsequently directed the police to lodge an FIR against the accused persons.
Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said the charges against the accused persons would be investigated.
The Thackeray brothers had last month made allegedly inflammatory speeches against Bihari migrants in Mumbai and Maharashtra in retaliation to Bihar government`s protest on the arrest of a person from Sitamarhi district for desecration of a martyrs memorial in Mumbai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler