Five suspected Naxalites held in Bihar
Patna: Security forces today apprehended five suspected Naxalite cadres along with arms from East Champaran district of Bihar.
Officials said a joint squad of forces led by CRPF apprehended the suspected Maoists from Bada Bishanpur-Rajepur axis of the district when the troops were out on an anti-Naxal operation.
The nabbed Naxals have been identified as Srinarayan Prasad (45), Ganesh Kumar (25), Rajesh Ram (18), Rajesh Thakur (22) and Deepal Ram (18).
Two local-made pistols, five rounds of ammunition and some other material was recovered from them and they have been handed over to local police, a senior official said.
In neighbouring Jharkhand, the CRPF detected and defused two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) during a similar operation.
The first IED was recovered near the Gudri polling booth under police station Sonua in Chaibasa while the second bomb was found at Narshinghpur under police station Galudih in East Singhbhum district of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened