Five suspected Naxalites held in Bihar
Patna: Security forces today apprehended five suspected Naxalite cadres along with arms from East Champaran district of Bihar.
Officials said a joint squad of forces led by CRPF apprehended the suspected Maoists from Bada Bishanpur-Rajepur axis of the district when the troops were out on an anti-Naxal operation.
The nabbed Naxals have been identified as Srinarayan Prasad (45), Ganesh Kumar (25), Rajesh Ram (18), Rajesh Thakur (22) and Deepal Ram (18).
Two local-made pistols, five rounds of ammunition and some other material was recovered from them and they have been handed over to local police, a senior official said.
In neighbouring Jharkhand, the CRPF detected and defused two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) during a similar operation.
The first IED was recovered near the Gudri polling booth under police station Sonua in Chaibasa while the second bomb was found at Narshinghpur under police station Galudih in East Singhbhum district of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- "Champion" Dwayne Bravo fined for breaching IPL Code of Conduct
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — Players to watch out for
- India Post payments bank will be functional by March 2017: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Six Assam Rifles personnel killed by militants in Manipur's Chandel district ambush
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express