Five suspected Naxalites held in Bihar
Patna: Security forces today apprehended five suspected Naxalite cadres along with arms from East Champaran district of Bihar.
Officials said a joint squad of forces led by CRPF apprehended the suspected Maoists from Bada Bishanpur-Rajepur axis of the district when the troops were out on an anti-Naxal operation.
The nabbed Naxals have been identified as Srinarayan Prasad (45), Ganesh Kumar (25), Rajesh Ram (18), Rajesh Thakur (22) and Deepal Ram (18).
Two local-made pistols, five rounds of ammunition and some other material was recovered from them and they have been handed over to local police, a senior official said.
In neighbouring Jharkhand, the CRPF detected and defused two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) during a similar operation.
The first IED was recovered near the Gudri polling booth under police station Sonua in Chaibasa while the second bomb was found at Narshinghpur under police station Galudih in East Singhbhum district of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH