Five suspected Naxalites held in Bihar
Patna: Security forces today apprehended five suspected Naxalite cadres along with arms from East Champaran district of Bihar.
Officials said a joint squad of forces led by CRPF apprehended the suspected Maoists from Bada Bishanpur-Rajepur axis of the district when the troops were out on an anti-Naxal operation.
The nabbed Naxals have been identified as Srinarayan Prasad (45), Ganesh Kumar (25), Rajesh Ram (18), Rajesh Thakur (22) and Deepal Ram (18).
Two local-made pistols, five rounds of ammunition and some other material was recovered from them and they have been handed over to local police, a senior official said.
In neighbouring Jharkhand, the CRPF detected and defused two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) during a similar operation.
The first IED was recovered near the Gudri polling booth under police station Sonua in Chaibasa while the second bomb was found at Narshinghpur under police station Galudih in East Singhbhum district of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis