Fodder case: Lalu appears before CBI court
Ranchi: Former Bihar chief minister and
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad appeared before a special CBI
court on Tuesday which recorded his statement in connection with a
fodder scam case.
The court of Pravas Kumar Singh recorded the
statements under CrPC 313 in the case pertaining to alleged
fraudulent withdrawal of about Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa
treasury between 1992 and 1995.
Lalu faces charges in six fodder cases - five in
Ranchi and one in Patna.
He had been acquitted by a Patna court in a DA case,
related to the fodder scam, in 2006.
A total of 41 out of 53 cases were completed in
convictions with over 300 persons being convicted in the Rs
950 crore scam that was unearthed in 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH