Fodder scam accused sent to jail
Patna: A multi-crore fodder scam accused Avadh Kishore Singh was sent to jail by a designated CBI court where he appeared on Thursday for framing of charges against him days after it had cancelled his bail bond for non-appearance.
CBI designated judge V K Srivastava remanded Singh to judicial custody for 14 days.
The CBI court had on March one revoked the bail bond of Singh and another accused Dhruv Bhagat and isssued arrest warrant against them. The CBI court could not frame charges against Singh and Bhagat as they were not present in person before the court.
On the same day the court had framed charges against RJD supremo and former chief minister Lalu Prasad and his predecessor Jagannath Mishra among 31 accused persons.
The trial against Prasad and other accused persons will start from April 2 on the basis of material evidences of the case. The fodder case relates to fraudulent withdrawal of about Rs 46 lakh from Banka and Bhagalpur treasuries during 1994-1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal