Fodder scam accused sent to jail
Patna: A multi-crore fodder scam accused Avadh Kishore Singh was sent to jail by a designated CBI court where he appeared on Thursday for framing of charges against him days after it had cancelled his bail bond for non-appearance.
CBI designated judge V K Srivastava remanded Singh to judicial custody for 14 days.
The CBI court had on March one revoked the bail bond of Singh and another accused Dhruv Bhagat and isssued arrest warrant against them. The CBI court could not frame charges against Singh and Bhagat as they were not present in person before the court.
On the same day the court had framed charges against RJD supremo and former chief minister Lalu Prasad and his predecessor Jagannath Mishra among 31 accused persons.
The trial against Prasad and other accused persons will start from April 2 on the basis of material evidences of the case. The fodder case relates to fraudulent withdrawal of about Rs 46 lakh from Banka and Bhagalpur treasuries during 1994-1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees