Fodder scam case: Court asks Lalu to record statement
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Thursday asked RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, who was convicted in a fodder scam case and facing charges in four others, to record his statement in a case on February 06.
The court of Sitaram Prasad asked Lalu, who is out on bail, to appear before it on February 06 and record his statement in connection with RC 64 A/96 case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 84.53 lakh from Deogarh Treasury during his tenure as Chief Minister in the 1990s.
Prasad, who was on September 30 last year found guilty in RC 20 A/96 case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury by another special CBI court, was to record the statement yesterday, but had sought time.
The court also asked the counsels of former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra and RJD leader RK Rana, both convicted in the RC 20 A/96 case, to record their statement as accused in the same case on February 5 and 1 respectively.
The special CBI court had ended 46 out of 53 fodder cases with convictions in the Rs 950 crore AHD scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah