This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Girl burnt alive, grand parents received serious burn injuries

Last Updated: Sunday, February 7, 2010 - 21:43

Sheikhpura: A ten year old girl was charred to
death and her grand parents and brother were seriously injured
when a thatched hutment caught fire in Bihar`s Sheikhpura
district in the wee hours on Sunday, police said.

Deputy Superintendent of Police Santosh Kumar Gupta said
that the fire broke out when the kerosene filled earthern pot
overturned in which the girl, Bindi Kumari, was burnt before
she could be taken out of her thatched house located at
Darauli Bigha village.

Bindi`s grandparents Lallo Paswan, Lalia Devi and her
brother Sikander were rescued by the villagers but sustained
burn injuries, the DYSP said.

The body has been sent to Munger for postmortem while the
injured were being treated at the local sadar hospital.


First Published: Sunday, February 7, 2010 - 21:43

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus