Girl burnt alive, grand parents received serious burn injuries
Sheikhpura: A ten year old girl was charred to
death and her grand parents and brother were seriously injured
when a thatched hutment caught fire in Bihar`s Sheikhpura
district in the wee hours on Sunday, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Santosh Kumar Gupta said
that the fire broke out when the kerosene filled earthern pot
overturned in which the girl, Bindi Kumari, was burnt before
she could be taken out of her thatched house located at
Darauli Bigha village.
Bindi`s grandparents Lallo Paswan, Lalia Devi and her
brother Sikander were rescued by the villagers but sustained
burn injuries, the DYSP said.
The body has been sent to Munger for postmortem while the
injured were being treated at the local sadar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves