Girl burnt alive, grand parents received serious burn injuries
Sheikhpura: A ten year old girl was charred to
death and her grand parents and brother were seriously injured
when a thatched hutment caught fire in Bihar`s Sheikhpura
district in the wee hours on Sunday, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Santosh Kumar Gupta said
that the fire broke out when the kerosene filled earthern pot
overturned in which the girl, Bindi Kumari, was burnt before
she could be taken out of her thatched house located at
Darauli Bigha village.
Bindi`s grandparents Lallo Paswan, Lalia Devi and her
brother Sikander were rescued by the villagers but sustained
burn injuries, the DYSP said.
The body has been sent to Munger for postmortem while the
injured were being treated at the local sadar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines