Girl burnt alive, grand parents received serious burn injuries
Sheikhpura: A ten year old girl was charred to
death and her grand parents and brother were seriously injured
when a thatched hutment caught fire in Bihar`s Sheikhpura
district in the wee hours on Sunday, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Santosh Kumar Gupta said
that the fire broke out when the kerosene filled earthern pot
overturned in which the girl, Bindi Kumari, was burnt before
she could be taken out of her thatched house located at
Darauli Bigha village.
Bindi`s grandparents Lallo Paswan, Lalia Devi and her
brother Sikander were rescued by the villagers but sustained
burn injuries, the DYSP said.
The body has been sent to Munger for postmortem while the
injured were being treated at the local sadar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog