Girl burnt alive, grand parents received serious burn injuries
Sheikhpura: A ten year old girl was charred to
death and her grand parents and brother were seriously injured
when a thatched hutment caught fire in Bihar`s Sheikhpura
district in the wee hours on Sunday, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Santosh Kumar Gupta said
that the fire broke out when the kerosene filled earthern pot
overturned in which the girl, Bindi Kumari, was burnt before
she could be taken out of her thatched house located at
Darauli Bigha village.
Bindi`s grandparents Lallo Paswan, Lalia Devi and her
brother Sikander were rescued by the villagers but sustained
burn injuries, the DYSP said.
The body has been sent to Munger for postmortem while the
injured were being treated at the local sadar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire