Girl poisons father and brother in Bihar
Hajipur: Perceiving them to be a hurdle in her love affair with a man, a girl poisoned her father and brother in Malpur village in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said on Saturday.
The teenaged girl, identified as Khushboo Kumari (13) cooked vegetable laced with a poisonous substance for dinner for her father, Shankar Mahto (35) and brother, Vikas Kumar (12) last night, police said.
The father and son died during sleep after consuming the poisonous stuff. Mahto`s wife who did not have dinner as she was feeling unwell, had a providential escape, police said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
Kumari confessed to her crime and has been taken into custody on charge of murder of her father and brother, the police said adding that her boyfriend Vijay Kumar and his mother Shanti Devi, who have been made as accused in the case by the girl`s mother, Sunita Devi, were absconding.
The girl had earlier tried to elope with her lover, but was apprehended by the villagers, Kumar said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative