Go for civil disobedience to make bandh successful: Nitish Kumar
Khagaria: Taking a leaf out of Mahatma Gandhi`s book, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday urged people to go for civil disobedience to make March 2 `Bihar bandh` a success on the issue of denial of special category status to Bihar.
"Gandhiji had launched civil disobedience movement to seek freedom for our country. It is time that you too resort to similar agitation for the cause of Bihar and collectively strike work for a day to protest against denial of special rights to our state," Kumar said.
He was addressing a function at Khagaria after laying foundation stone for construction of a mega bridge connecting Khagaria and Bhagalpur districts.
The proposed 3.16 km long bridge will cost Rs 1710 crore.
"Please spare a day for the cause of Bihar and strike work on March 2," Kumar said and urged people to come out of their houses and clap on utensils so that the collective sound reaches New Delhi.
He slammed the Centre for `depriving` special status to Bihar in view of its economic backwardness but granting it to Seemandhra after carving out Telangana last week.
"Why Bihar`s legitimate aspiration for development has been scuttled?" Kumar asked.
Stating that special status is a right of the people of Bihar, the Chief Minister said he would lead the people in realising their aspiration for development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3