Governor approves Bihar Lokayukta Bill, 2011
Patna: The Bihar Lokayukta Bill, 2011 which
will bring the Chief Minister and ministers under its purview,
has been approved by the state Governor, clearing the decks
for its introduction in the state legislature next week.
Governor Devanand Konwar gave his approval Friday night,
Raj Bhawan sources said here.
The state government had on November 30 approved the
bill at a Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister
The state government later convened an all-party
meeting in which opposition parties questioned the need for
rushing through with the bill and said a debate should have
been held before its enactment as legislation.
Team Anna members like Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal
too had voiced disapproval and described it as `weak` and a
mirror of the Centre`s Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what