Governor approves Bihar Lokayukta Bill, 2011
Patna: The Bihar Lokayukta Bill, 2011 which
will bring the Chief Minister and ministers under its purview,
has been approved by the state Governor, clearing the decks
for its introduction in the state legislature next week.
Governor Devanand Konwar gave his approval Friday night,
Raj Bhawan sources said here.
The state government had on November 30 approved the
bill at a Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister
The state government later convened an all-party
meeting in which opposition parties questioned the need for
rushing through with the bill and said a debate should have
been held before its enactment as legislation.
Team Anna members like Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal
too had voiced disapproval and described it as `weak` and a
mirror of the Centre`s Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan