I-T sleuths raid onion markets in Bihar
Patna: Income tax authorities on Friday raided
onion markets here and also in Bhagalpur in a drive against
hoarders following rising prices of the commodity.
Official sources told PTI that I-T authorities raided the
Mithapur market here and detected that several stockists of
onion had not filed their returns.
Even if some of them who used to file their returns they
usually showed less income through sell of onion to the
retailers, the sources said.
The IT officials also raided onion market in Bhagalpur
town and found several irregularities in the return filed by
Meanwhile, Bihar Minister for Food and Consumer
Protection, Shyam Rajak said "our officials are alert and a
drive against hoarders and blackmarketeers is continuing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued