ICAR asks other states to follow Bihar model: Nitish
Patna: The Indian Council for Agriculture
Research (ICAR) has applauded the agricultural road map of
Bihar and appealed to other states to follow the model, state
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Sunday.
"According to ICAR, other states can become self-reliant
in food production if they follow Bihar model," Kumar said.
ICAR had prepared a pattern of cultivation so that a
family could survive in only one hectare of land by integrated
system of agriculture, he said, adding Bihar would give a
serious thought to it.
Referring to the use of fertilisers, he asked farmers not
to use too much chemical as it harmed the fertility of land.
Kumar was speaking at a meeting after inaugurating
`Farmers` school and integrated farming system` here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city