Japanese woman gangraped in Bihar
Patna: A Japanese woman was allegedly gangraped in Bihar by four people, including an autorickshaw driver, police said Saturday. Three of the four accused have been arrested.
The tourist was on her way from Bodh Gaya to the Gaya railway station when she was raped on Friday night, police said.
Police officials in Bodh Gaya said that a medical test of the victim has been conducted.
Meanwhile, a First Information Report (FIR) was lodged in the Bodh Gaya police station against the four accused, while the three arrested men were interrogated.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced that a speedy trial would be conducted in this case. "I have directed police to conduct a speedy trial in the case," he told mediapersons in reference to the incident.
Bihar police chief Neelmani said that he had directed police officials in Gaya to frame a charge sheet against the accused in the case within 24 hours.
The state government has also informed the Japanese embassy in New Delhi about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi