Japanese woman gangraped in Bihar
Patna: A Japanese woman was allegedly gangraped in Bihar by four people, including an autorickshaw driver, police said Saturday. Three of the four accused have been arrested.
The tourist was on her way from Bodh Gaya to the Gaya railway station when she was raped on Friday night, police said.
Police officials in Bodh Gaya said that a medical test of the victim has been conducted.
Meanwhile, a First Information Report (FIR) was lodged in the Bodh Gaya police station against the four accused, while the three arrested men were interrogated.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced that a speedy trial would be conducted in this case. "I have directed police to conduct a speedy trial in the case," he told mediapersons in reference to the incident.
Bihar police chief Neelmani said that he had directed police officials in Gaya to frame a charge sheet against the accused in the case within 24 hours.
The state government has also informed the Japanese embassy in New Delhi about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player