JD(U) MLA Anant Singh, 3 others granted bail
Patna: JD(U) MLA Anant Singh and his three associates were granted bail by a court in Bihar`s Patna district on Saturday after they surrendered in connection with a case of alleged assault on a journalist six years ago.
Singh and three others - Vipin Singh, Shiv Shankar and Sanjay Kumar - surrendered before the Judicial Magistrate Ghanshyam Singh, days after an arrest warrant was issued against them.
They were granted bail on a personal bond and sureties of Rs 10,000 each.
The JD(U) leader, who represents Mokama assembly seat, was booked along with six associates for assaulting an electronic news channel journalist Prakash Singh who had went to the former`s residence in the state capital six years ago to seek his comments in connection with the murder case of a woman.
Singh and his six associates were arrested and sent to jail in December 2007 but all of them subsequently were released on bail.
The court adjourned the hearing in the assault case on journalist for March 16 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman