Lalu calls for overthrowing `corrupt` NDA govt
Ara (Bhojpur): RJD supremo Lalu Prasad slammed Nitish Kumar-headed NDA government for "corruption and misrule" in Bihar and gave a call to the people to overthrow the `tainted` regime.
"The state was reeling under corruption and misrule of the NDA government and the people were fed up with their present political masters and desperately wanted a change of guard," he said while addressing a public meeting at the Qila ground in Jagdishpur town in Bihar`s Bhojpur district.
"The law and order situation has deteriorated alarmingly as reflected in surging figures of crime," Prasad alleged, adding that there was "rampant corruption" in implementation of various development projects and welfare schemes.
Prasad alleged that bureaucrats and police officers were making the calls in day-to-day governance as the political leadership did have not time for governance as they were busy with "looting the public wealth."
The RJD supremo also had a dig at his arch-rival Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for nursing a dream to become the prime minister of the country one day.
"Kumar nurses a dream to become the PM, but he will not succeed as the people of Bihar has seen thorough his game," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015