Lalu demonstrates EVM in his own style
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad Friday took it upon himself to demonstrate the functioning of EVMs while campaigning for his close aide and Minister Shyam Rajak.
"See the keypad here and the lantern (RJD`s symbol) button and press it aur machinwa boli pi," he said on the campaign trail in the prestigious Phulwari seat.
Playing the regional card, he said "jab jab Lalu kamjor hua hai, tab tab Bihari logo per dusre rajya me atyachar hua hai," (atrocities against people from Bihar in other states increase whenever Lalu?s power is weakened)," he said.
He accused Shiv Sena, Raj Thackery and Delhi chief minister Sheila Dixit of targeting the Bihari population in their states and alleged that his arch rival and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had failed to give a fiting reply to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state