Lalu is like a fish without water : Nitish
Patna: In a veiled attack on bete noir RJD President Lalu Prasad, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said being out of power his condition resembled `a fish without water`.
"He (Prasad) has turned impatient as power has slipped out his hand ... Deprived of power his condition resembles a fish without water," Kumar told function here organised by his party JD(U) on the 89th anniversary of socialist leader Karpoori Thakur.
Without naming Prasad, the CM said he is addressing rallies across the state to throw NDA government out of power but the condition has changed in Bihar due to its rapid development. "People will not give any chance to such people."
Kumar advised Prasad to `get his eyes treated` for saying on numerous occasions that no development was visible in the state under the NDA.
The RJD supremo, he claimed, was worried and spoke to Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal over phone after media reports that special category status for Bihar was discussed at the Congress Chintan Baithak in Jaipur.
Kumar said the demand for acquiring special status for Bihar seems to be in the `positive direction` as Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram talked on the same lines as that of JD(U) when it had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and its Adhikar rallies.
JD(U), he said, would organise a rally in Delhi on March 17 in support of demand for special status for Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh