Lalu is like a fish without water : Nitish
Patna: In a veiled attack on bete noir RJD President Lalu Prasad, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said being out of power his condition resembled `a fish without water`.
"He (Prasad) has turned impatient as power has slipped out his hand ... Deprived of power his condition resembles a fish without water," Kumar told function here organised by his party JD(U) on the 89th anniversary of socialist leader Karpoori Thakur.
Without naming Prasad, the CM said he is addressing rallies across the state to throw NDA government out of power but the condition has changed in Bihar due to its rapid development. "People will not give any chance to such people."
Kumar advised Prasad to `get his eyes treated` for saying on numerous occasions that no development was visible in the state under the NDA.
The RJD supremo, he claimed, was worried and spoke to Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal over phone after media reports that special category status for Bihar was discussed at the Congress Chintan Baithak in Jaipur.
Kumar said the demand for acquiring special status for Bihar seems to be in the `positive direction` as Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram talked on the same lines as that of JD(U) when it had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and its Adhikar rallies.
JD(U), he said, would organise a rally in Delhi on March 17 in support of demand for special status for Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray