Lalu performs `jaimal` with Rabri
Chapra: RJD chief Lalu Prasad has exchanged garlands with Rabri Devi publicly at an election meeting in a symbolic handover of his fortress Saran to his wife to contest the Lok Sabha elections.
Speaking in Bhojpuri, Prasad at the meeting yesterday said since he married at an early age in the 70`s and there was no ritual of `jaimal` (exchange of garlands) at that time he was doing it now.
With his younger son Tej Pratap also on the dais the people broke into laughter at the meeting at Raipura in Garkha block of Saran district.
Prasad, who has been disqualified as Lok Sabha member and barred from contesting elections for 11 years after conviction in a fodder scam case, has fielded Rabri Devi from the Saran seat.
Rabri was earlier made Bihar chief minister when Prasad went to jail in 1997 in a fodder scam case.
The RJD chief, out on bail at present, has given RJD ticket to his eldest daughter Misa Bharti for the Yadav dominated Parliamentary constituency seat in Patna district.
Prasad had lost the Patliputra seat in 2009 at the hands of his friend-turned foe Ranjan Yadav.
Allocation of the Patliputra seat to daughter Misa led to revolt by Prasad`s man`s Friday Ramkripal Yadav, who has resigned from all party posts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference