Lalu performs `jaimal` with Rabri
Chapra: RJD chief Lalu Prasad has exchanged garlands with Rabri Devi publicly at an election meeting in a symbolic handover of his fortress Saran to his wife to contest the Lok Sabha elections.
Speaking in Bhojpuri, Prasad at the meeting yesterday said since he married at an early age in the 70`s and there was no ritual of `jaimal` (exchange of garlands) at that time he was doing it now.
With his younger son Tej Pratap also on the dais the people broke into laughter at the meeting at Raipura in Garkha block of Saran district.
Prasad, who has been disqualified as Lok Sabha member and barred from contesting elections for 11 years after conviction in a fodder scam case, has fielded Rabri Devi from the Saran seat.
Rabri was earlier made Bihar chief minister when Prasad went to jail in 1997 in a fodder scam case.
The RJD chief, out on bail at present, has given RJD ticket to his eldest daughter Misa Bharti for the Yadav dominated Parliamentary constituency seat in Patna district.
Prasad had lost the Patliputra seat in 2009 at the hands of his friend-turned foe Ranjan Yadav.
Allocation of the Patliputra seat to daughter Misa led to revolt by Prasad`s man`s Friday Ramkripal Yadav, who has resigned from all party posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug