Lalu performs `jaimal` with Rabri
Chapra: RJD chief Lalu Prasad has exchanged garlands with Rabri Devi publicly at an election meeting in a symbolic handover of his fortress Saran to his wife to contest the Lok Sabha elections.
Speaking in Bhojpuri, Prasad at the meeting yesterday said since he married at an early age in the 70`s and there was no ritual of `jaimal` (exchange of garlands) at that time he was doing it now.
With his younger son Tej Pratap also on the dais the people broke into laughter at the meeting at Raipura in Garkha block of Saran district.
Prasad, who has been disqualified as Lok Sabha member and barred from contesting elections for 11 years after conviction in a fodder scam case, has fielded Rabri Devi from the Saran seat.
Rabri was earlier made Bihar chief minister when Prasad went to jail in 1997 in a fodder scam case.
The RJD chief, out on bail at present, has given RJD ticket to his eldest daughter Misa Bharti for the Yadav dominated Parliamentary constituency seat in Patna district.
Prasad had lost the Patliputra seat in 2009 at the hands of his friend-turned foe Ranjan Yadav.
Allocation of the Patliputra seat to daughter Misa led to revolt by Prasad`s man`s Friday Ramkripal Yadav, who has resigned from all party posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy