Lalu Yadav, others appear in CBI Court
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad, former Bihar
Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra today appeared in the court of
designated CBI judge Vimal Kumar Jain following summons in
connection with a multi-crore rupees fodder scam case.
Accompanied by his counsel, Chitranjan Sinha, Prasad
reached the court this morning and listed his personal
Jain had on August 18 asked Prasad and others to
ensure their personal appearance in connection with the case
related to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 46 lakh from Banka and
Bhagalpur treauries between 1990 and 1997 when Lalu was Chief
Among others who also appeared in the court are: JD(U)
MP Jagdish Sharma, also former Chairman of the Public Accounts
Committee of Bihar Assembly, former RJD MP R K Rana, former
state Minister Vidya Sagar Nishad, besides some retired IAS
officials allegedly involved in the case.
The court had ordered their personal appearance for
hearing the petitions filed by them seeking to be exonerated
from the charges levelled against them in the chargesheet,
which has already been submitted by the Central Bureau of
Jain would now resume hearing on their petitions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know