Lalu Yadav, others appear in CBI Court
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad, former Bihar
Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra today appeared in the court of
designated CBI judge Vimal Kumar Jain following summons in
connection with a multi-crore rupees fodder scam case.
Accompanied by his counsel, Chitranjan Sinha, Prasad
reached the court this morning and listed his personal
Jain had on August 18 asked Prasad and others to
ensure their personal appearance in connection with the case
related to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 46 lakh from Banka and
Bhagalpur treauries between 1990 and 1997 when Lalu was Chief
Among others who also appeared in the court are: JD(U)
MP Jagdish Sharma, also former Chairman of the Public Accounts
Committee of Bihar Assembly, former RJD MP R K Rana, former
state Minister Vidya Sagar Nishad, besides some retired IAS
officials allegedly involved in the case.
The court had ordered their personal appearance for
hearing the petitions filed by them seeking to be exonerated
from the charges levelled against them in the chargesheet,
which has already been submitted by the Central Bureau of
Jain would now resume hearing on their petitions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?