Lightning kills 21 in Bihar
Patna: At least 21 people have been killed by lightning across Bihar, officials said Sunday.
According to official sources, six people were killed in Aurangabad district. Five people were killed in Banka, three in Jamui, two in Supaul and one each in Bhojpur, Katihar, Patna, Gaya and Rohtas districts.
The deaths took place late Saturday and early Sunday.
The Aurangabad victims included four children who were playing in a field Saturday evening.
Lightning strikes during monsoon are common in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 33 rescued lions arrive in South Africa in airlift
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation