Lightning kills 21 in Bihar
Patna: At least 21 people have been killed by lightning across Bihar, officials said Sunday.
According to official sources, six people were killed in Aurangabad district. Five people were killed in Banka, three in Jamui, two in Supaul and one each in Bhojpur, Katihar, Patna, Gaya and Rohtas districts.
The deaths took place late Saturday and early Sunday.
The Aurangabad victims included four children who were playing in a field Saturday evening.
Lightning strikes during monsoon are common in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur