LJP demands dismissal of Nitish Kumar government
New Delhi: Accusing Nitish Kumar government
in Bihar of taking away the land of poor farmers, LJP on Tuesday
demanded its dismissal and a CBI probe into land acquisitions
by the ruling NDA in the state.
"We will be meeting the President tomorrow to demand
dismissal of Nitish Kumar-led NDA government in Bihar. In the
name of development, the Bihar government has taken away farm
lands from poor peasants," LJP president Ramvilas Paswan told
Corruption has crossed all limits in Bihar and the state
government is specially targeting the farm land of people from
the minority community, Paswan alleged.
"We demand immediate removal of Nitish Kumar. We will
also conduct a rally in Farbisganj on July 27 where the state
government after acquiring lands from poor farmers handed them
to the son of a political leader," the LJP leader said.
Targeting Anna Hazare for praising Nitish Kumar, Paswan
said, "Anna Hazare has never visited Bihar but he is trying to
give certificate to the government there. He has no idea of
the corruption going on there. Money meant for development is
being diverted for corrupt activities."
On the demand for special status to Bihar, Paswan said,
"It is a political drama by the state government. Why did they
not accord special status to Bihar during six years of NDA`s
rule in the Center Nitish Kumar is trying to divert people`s
attention from corruption."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued