Man sentenced to life in Nawada jail break case
Nawada (Bihar): A man was awarded life imprisonment by a local court in connection with the jailbreak at Nawada 12 years ago in which a guard was killed and eight inmates fled.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Vikram Singh passed the order and slapped a fine of Rs 5000 on the convict Pintu Mahto.
During the daring jailbreak on December 23, 2001, the eight convicts were allegedly helped in their escape by Nawada JD(U) MLA Pradeep Kumar.
The police had subsequently shot dead three persons involved in the jail break incident in an encounter in Rukhi village.
Kumar`s trial in the jailbreak is on, while another person convicted in the case is serving a life term.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India