Man sentenced to life in Nawada jail break case
Nawada (Bihar): A man was awarded life imprisonment by a local court in connection with the jailbreak at Nawada 12 years ago in which a guard was killed and eight inmates fled.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Vikram Singh passed the order and slapped a fine of Rs 5000 on the convict Pintu Mahto.
During the daring jailbreak on December 23, 2001, the eight convicts were allegedly helped in their escape by Nawada JD(U) MLA Pradeep Kumar.
The police had subsequently shot dead three persons involved in the jail break incident in an encounter in Rukhi village.
Kumar`s trial in the jailbreak is on, while another person convicted in the case is serving a life term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling