Man sentenced to life in Nawada jail break case
Nawada (Bihar): A man was awarded life imprisonment by a local court in connection with the jailbreak at Nawada 12 years ago in which a guard was killed and eight inmates fled.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Vikram Singh passed the order and slapped a fine of Rs 5000 on the convict Pintu Mahto.
During the daring jailbreak on December 23, 2001, the eight convicts were allegedly helped in their escape by Nawada JD(U) MLA Pradeep Kumar.
The police had subsequently shot dead three persons involved in the jail break incident in an encounter in Rukhi village.
Kumar`s trial in the jailbreak is on, while another person convicted in the case is serving a life term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars