Maoists abduct two villagers in Bihar
Munger: Maoists abducted two persons from Bihar`s Munger district suspecting them to be police informants, police said on Monday.
The two, residents of Bokhra and Madhuban villages were abducted last night and a joint team of the special task force (STF) and the CRPF was carrying out raids in the Maoist-affected forest areas to rescue them, the police said.
The forces were being led by superintendent of police P Kannan.
Security forces had last week destroyed a Maoist bunker and seized a huge quantity of arms and explosives from the Maoist-affected Munger district.
The Maoists had reportedly suspected local people for giving information to the police about their activities and retaliated yesterday killing the two villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'