Maoists blast former village head`s house in Bihar
Sasaram: Maoists blasted the house of a former village head of Yadunathpur village and torched his brother`s house in Rohtas district in Bihar, police said on Friday.
Around 12 ultras raided the village last night and triggered a dynamite blast blowing up the house of former mukhiya Gangeshwar Singh, police said.
They also torched the house of his brother Maheshwar Singh, the police said, adding, nobody was present in the two houses during the operation.
Both the families were residing elsewhere following threat from Naxalites who had on Wednesday looted valuables from the houses and distributed them among the poor.
Raids were on in the area to apprehend the ultras, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!