Maoists blast former village head`s house in Bihar
Sasaram: Maoists blasted the house of a former village head of Yadunathpur village and torched his brother`s house in Rohtas district in Bihar, police said on Friday.
Around 12 ultras raided the village last night and triggered a dynamite blast blowing up the house of former mukhiya Gangeshwar Singh, police said.
They also torched the house of his brother Maheshwar Singh, the police said, adding, nobody was present in the two houses during the operation.
Both the families were residing elsewhere following threat from Naxalites who had on Wednesday looted valuables from the houses and distributed them among the poor.
Raids were on in the area to apprehend the ultras, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal