Maoists blast former village head`s house in Bihar
Sasaram: Maoists blasted the house of a former village head of Yadunathpur village and torched his brother`s house in Rohtas district in Bihar, police said on Friday.
Around 12 ultras raided the village last night and triggered a dynamite blast blowing up the house of former mukhiya Gangeshwar Singh, police said.
They also torched the house of his brother Maheshwar Singh, the police said, adding, nobody was present in the two houses during the operation.
Both the families were residing elsewhere following threat from Naxalites who had on Wednesday looted valuables from the houses and distributed them among the poor.
Raids were on in the area to apprehend the ultras, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed