Maoists blow up railway track in Gaya
Gaya: Maoists blow up a railway track in Gaya forcing stoppage of many prominent trains, including three Rajdhanis on late Friday.
The explosion on the track between Taraiya and Guraru railway stations occurred at around 11 PM, barely 20 minutes after the pilot engine of Howrah-Delhi Rajdhani train crossed the area, Gaya Railway DSP Sunil Kumar said.
About two feet track was blown in the Down line in the blast.
There is usually a gap of one hour between the pilot engine and the train which follows it. Following the blast, the Howrah-Delhi Rajdhani train was stopped at Taraiya Station.
Railways had decided to run pilot engines ahead of trains following the 2003 accident of Howrah-Delhi Rajdhani in Naxal-hit Aurangabad district of Bihar which had left over a 100 people dead.
Around 13 trains, including three Rajdhanis, were stranded at different places on the UP line and many others were halted at DN line due to the blasts.
However, train services have resumed in the UP line in between Paraiya and Guraru at 7:30 AM, Chief Public Relation Officer (CPRO) ECR Amitabh Prabhakar told PTI.
Twelve pandrol clips, which hold the rail to sleepers, had gone missing after the blast. They have been put in place today.
Running of prominent trains was resumed in the section this morning, the CPRO said.
Kumar said that the blasted track has been repaired and DN line has also been opened for running of trains.
After track fit message, 12301 Howrah-New Delhi Rajdhani Express, which was halted at Paraiya station for the night, proceeded on its onward journey this morning, the DSP said.
Sealdah-New Delhi Rajdhani and Bhubneshwar-New Delhi Rajdhani, which were halted at Gaya station the entire night, also preceded on their onward journey later on, the DSP said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Magadh range, Naiyyer Hussnain Khan said the late last night violence happened on the eve of the banned outfit`s Gaya bandh call. Sources said that the banned outfit has given a one day bandh call beginning midnight last night as part of their "martyr`s day".
The DIG said that police has been put on alert and combing operation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in