Maoists blow up school building in Bihar
Patna: Maoist guerrillas blew up a school building in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district early Monday, police said.
The Maoists used dynamites and cylinder bombs to blast the high school building at Narotampur, district police official Sanjay Singh said.
He said the two-storey building collapsed in the blast, but no casualty was reported.
The school was targeted as paramilitary personnel (CRPF) had camped there till mid-April for combing operations against Maoists in Lakhisarai and neighbouring districts.
More than 250 students will now not be able to attend school, and will either sit under tress or miss classes altogether.
"For Maoists, schools have become a soft target but it badly hits the children," the police officer said.
It is not the first school destroyed by the rebels.
The Maoists blasted a school building in Jamui district too last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!