Maoists blow up school building in Bihar
Patna: Maoist guerrillas blew up a school building in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district early Monday, police said.
The Maoists used dynamites and cylinder bombs to blast the high school building at Narotampur, district police official Sanjay Singh said.
He said the two-storey building collapsed in the blast, but no casualty was reported.
The school was targeted as paramilitary personnel (CRPF) had camped there till mid-April for combing operations against Maoists in Lakhisarai and neighbouring districts.
More than 250 students will now not be able to attend school, and will either sit under tress or miss classes altogether.
"For Maoists, schools have become a soft target but it badly hits the children," the police officer said.
It is not the first school destroyed by the rebels.
The Maoists blasted a school building in Jamui district too last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists