Maoists hoist black flags in Bihar
Patna: Maoists hoisted black flags in eight districts of Bihar Wednesday to protest India`s Independence Day, police said.
The black flags were seen atop schools and some buildings in Gaya, Aurangabad, Jehanabad, Arwal, Vaishali, Sitamarhi, East Champaran and Muzaffarpur, an officer said.
Maoist guerrillas also halted trains Tuesday night at Ismailpur railway station near Gaya.
"Maoists attacked the railway station and forced the station master to turn the signal red and stopped all trains including the Rajdhani Express," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire