Maoists hoist black flags in Bihar
Patna: Maoists hoisted black flags in eight districts of Bihar Wednesday to protest India`s Independence Day, police said.
The black flags were seen atop schools and some buildings in Gaya, Aurangabad, Jehanabad, Arwal, Vaishali, Sitamarhi, East Champaran and Muzaffarpur, an officer said.
Maoist guerrillas also halted trains Tuesday night at Ismailpur railway station near Gaya.
"Maoists attacked the railway station and forced the station master to turn the signal red and stopped all trains including the Rajdhani Express," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG