Maoists hoist black flags in Bihar
Patna: Maoists hoisted black flags in eight districts of Bihar Wednesday to protest India`s Independence Day, police said.
The black flags were seen atop schools and some buildings in Gaya, Aurangabad, Jehanabad, Arwal, Vaishali, Sitamarhi, East Champaran and Muzaffarpur, an officer said.
Maoist guerrillas also halted trains Tuesday night at Ismailpur railway station near Gaya.
"Maoists attacked the railway station and forced the station master to turn the signal red and stopped all trains including the Rajdhani Express," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown