Maoists torch tractor at brick kiln
Hajipur (Bihar): Maoists torched a tractor at a brick kiln at Chandi village under Sadar police station area of Vaishali district and left behind an extortion notice for its owner, the police said on Thursday.
The Maoists, said to be 18 in number, surrounded the brick kiln last night and set the tractor on fire.
They left a pamphlet demanding a monthly levy of Rs 25,000 from its owner Anuj Rai, the sources said.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were being carried out to arrest the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio