Maoists torch tractor at brick kiln
Hajipur (Bihar): Maoists torched a tractor at a brick kiln at Chandi village under Sadar police station area of Vaishali district and left behind an extortion notice for its owner, the police said on Thursday.
The Maoists, said to be 18 in number, surrounded the brick kiln last night and set the tractor on fire.
They left a pamphlet demanding a monthly levy of Rs 25,000 from its owner Anuj Rai, the sources said.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were being carried out to arrest the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?