Maoists torch tractor at brick kiln
Hajipur (Bihar): Maoists torched a tractor at a brick kiln at Chandi village under Sadar police station area of Vaishali district and left behind an extortion notice for its owner, the police said on Thursday.
The Maoists, said to be 18 in number, surrounded the brick kiln last night and set the tractor on fire.
They left a pamphlet demanding a monthly levy of Rs 25,000 from its owner Anuj Rai, the sources said.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were being carried out to arrest the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police