Maoists torch tractor at brick kiln
Hajipur (Bihar): Maoists torched a tractor at a brick kiln at Chandi village under Sadar police station area of Vaishali district and left behind an extortion notice for its owner, the police said on Thursday.
The Maoists, said to be 18 in number, surrounded the brick kiln last night and set the tractor on fire.
They left a pamphlet demanding a monthly levy of Rs 25,000 from its owner Anuj Rai, the sources said.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids were being carried out to arrest the Maoists.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed