Muskan case: Bihar police chargesheet 5 NGO workers
Patna: The police on Monday submitted chargesheet in a local court against five NGO workers accused of misappropriating public funds under the Muskan project, aimed at eradicating child labour in Bihar.
The chargesheet was submitted in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Surendra Pratap Singh who subsequently transferred the case to the court of Judicial Magistrate Sachi Mishra for trial.
Mishra has posted the case for hearing tomorrow. Five NGO workers -- Akhileshwar Singh, Ajay Kumar Pandey, Gyan Prakash, Vijendra Tiwari and Swami Jitendra -- were arrested and sent to jail on various charges including misappropriation of funds.
A complaint of embezzlement of funds was lodged at the Chief Minister`s Janata Darbar on March 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened