Muskan case: Bihar police chargesheet 5 NGO workers
Patna: The police on Monday submitted chargesheet in a local court against five NGO workers accused of misappropriating public funds under the Muskan project, aimed at eradicating child labour in Bihar.
The chargesheet was submitted in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Surendra Pratap Singh who subsequently transferred the case to the court of Judicial Magistrate Sachi Mishra for trial.
Mishra has posted the case for hearing tomorrow. Five NGO workers -- Akhileshwar Singh, Ajay Kumar Pandey, Gyan Prakash, Vijendra Tiwari and Swami Jitendra -- were arrested and sent to jail on various charges including misappropriation of funds.
A complaint of embezzlement of funds was lodged at the Chief Minister`s Janata Darbar on March 12.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani