Muskan case: Bihar police chargesheet 5 NGO workers
Patna: The police on Monday submitted chargesheet in a local court against five NGO workers accused of misappropriating public funds under the Muskan project, aimed at eradicating child labour in Bihar.
The chargesheet was submitted in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Surendra Pratap Singh who subsequently transferred the case to the court of Judicial Magistrate Sachi Mishra for trial.
Mishra has posted the case for hearing tomorrow. Five NGO workers -- Akhileshwar Singh, Ajay Kumar Pandey, Gyan Prakash, Vijendra Tiwari and Swami Jitendra -- were arrested and sent to jail on various charges including misappropriation of funds.
A complaint of embezzlement of funds was lodged at the Chief Minister`s Janata Darbar on March 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Britain's EU commissioner steps down after Brexit vote
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17